Does anyone have...? or Does anyone has..?

Discussion in 'English Only' started by englishcalab, May 21, 2009.

1. englishcalab New Member

Hello! I have a question about an interrogative form:

Can i use "Does anyone have..." or "Does anyone has..."? If both, depending on what? Checking on google i found both the forms, but someone told me that you can just use: Does anyone have...

Thank you
  2. Zsuzsu Senior Member

Budapest, Hungary
    Hi englishcalab,

I'm quite sure that the structure "Does anyone has" is not grammatical. You definitely need the 3rd person Singular "s" but only once: "does anyone have".
  3. Hi,

'Someone' is right. 'Does anyone have...' is the only correct form.

4. englishcalab New Member

Thanks! But if you have a look on internet filling Does any has... on google for example, you will find a full list of person using that form! : )
  5. Zsuzsu Senior Member

Budapest, Hungary
    I think they are not native speakers of English...
  6. GreenWhiteBlue

GreenWhiteBlue Senior Member

New York
    USA - English
    The emphatic forms of verbs are created by using the appropriate form of the verb "to do" with the bare infinitive of the verb in question.

I do have (or Do I have?)
    You do eat ( or Do you eat?)
    He does know (or Does he know?)
    We/You/They do say (or Do we/you/they say...?)

The auxiliary forms of "do" are not combined with the present tense (in this case, has instead of have.) To combine them in this way is simply wrong. The fact that you find people on the internet using "does has" does not make its use correct. You can probably find people on the internet who claim the world is flat, but that does not mean the world is, in fact, flat.
  7. DenaEden New Member

It's always confusing either "Does anyone have..." is correct or "Does anyone has..."? :s
  8. JustKate

JustKate Moderate Mod

It shouldn't be, DenaEden, because it's always "anyone have." Anyone is singular, so just as you'd say "does he have" or "does John have," you'd also say "does anyone have."