1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Don't piss down my back

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Basenjigirl, May 25, 2007.

1. Basenjigirl Senior Member

English, USA
    A comment spotted on a political blog: "Don't piss down my back and then tell me it's raining."

What would be the most natural/colorful way to say the same thing in Spanish? No hagas pis por mi espalda y luego me dice que está lloviendo.

2. Antpax

Antpax Ex-Moderador

Madrid
    Spanish Spain
    Hi,

I am not sure about what your phrase means. Is it that someone is deceiving you? If so, I can think of "no me vendas la moto". Maybe some context would help.

Cheers.

Ant

3. Basenjigirl Senior Member

English, USA
    It's a comment someone wrote on an American blog about an American politician, a member of Bush's political party, almost crying in public about the war in Iraq. Instead of saying that the politician was a hypocrite crying crocodile tears, the writer wanted to say that the tears of this politician were meaningless since he is doing nothing to stop the war. I must say that the phrase in my original question is not a standard expression in English. It's just something that this person invented to express their disgust with the politician's insincerity.

4. Bocha

Bocha Senior Member

Argentina
    castellano
    Hola Basenji:

una posibilidad (quizá con tono muy regional pero igual de grosero)

Si lo que querés es c*garme decímelo claramente. (versión argentina con voseo)

5. arnauri Senior Member

España - Español y Euskera

No hagas pis en mi espalda y luego digas que está lloviendo.
    No mees en mi espalda y luego digas que está lloviendo.

Otra versión que creo que puede significar algo parecido.
    No (me) tires la piedra y luego escondas la mano.

Un saludo.

6. Basenjigirl Senior Member

English, USA
    Arnauri,
    Me gusta tu versión con la piedra. Muy buena.

Gracias a todos que contestaron.