Drogas- MDMA

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by RachieRoo16, Mar 26, 2009.

1. RachieRoo16 New Member

English- uk
    I'm translating a legal document about a drug offence

"...vendía al Senor ****** 20 pastillas de MDMA."

...He sold 20 (MDMA??) tablets to Mr. ****

What drug is MDMA?

Hope you can help
  2. emeraldisle Senior Member

Barcelona, Spain
    Ireland (English)
    methylenedioxymethamphetamine is the medical term for this drug. MDMA is the abbreviation and it is known as ecstacy, cristal more commonly, but has lots of different names.
  3. pachanga7 Senior Member

Southeast U.S.
    U.S. English
    Hi, can you confirm whether 'cristal' is slang for ecstasy in Spanish, or English? In what parts of the world?

4. RicardoElAbogado Senior Member

SF Bay Area, California
    American English
    In the US, any drug by the name of crystal would be spelled as crystal (not cristal, unless, of course you are referring to the drug known as champagne).

Crystal probably refers to methamphetamine. Ecstasy, or MDMA, appears to be a variant of methamphetamine and thus not the same drug as "crystal."
  5. pachanga7 Senior Member

Southeast U.S.
    U.S. English
    Yes, I thought crystal would be meth, but I'd like to know if it could also mean MDMA. Quite right about the spelling.
  6. Lyhara

Lyhara New Member

7. Lyhara

Lyhara New Member

By the way, crystal and MDMA are not the same... Methamphetamine both, but not the same kind ;)

MDMA is a kind of powder (more pure than crystal) which is mostly consumed by liking your finger, touching the substance and liking it again...

I hate knowing so much about drugs... Inevitable circumpstancies!!

Hope it helps!!:)

And please... Correct me if needed
  8. pachanga7 Senior Member

Southeast U.S.
    U.S. English
    Thanks Lyhara, no worries about responding late. I'm still hoping to find out what MDMA or ecstasy may be called in Spanish. On another thread someone said "el MDMA"--is this correct? And what about any slang terms for ecstasy?

Re corrections, it's "lick" for lamer and "circumstances." :)