1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

durazno al natural

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by lloyds, May 12, 2013.

1. lloyds Senior Member

Ciudad de Buenos Aires
    Spanish-Argentina
    como dicen durazno al natural en inglés? es el que viene en lata, increiblemente!

2. aztlaniano

aztlaniano Senior Member

Lavapiestán, Madrid
    English (Aztlán, US sector)
    Canned peaches without syrup

3. chileno

chileno Senior Member

Las Vegas, Nv. USA
    Castellano - Chile
    Peaches in heavy syrup

4. chileno

chileno Senior Member

Las Vegas, Nv. USA
    Castellano - Chile
    Al contrario.. por eso dice que es increíble que vengan en lata y les llamemos "al natural" ;)

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  5. Raquel8 Senior Member

USA English
    Castellano de Uruguay, básico
    "without syrup" no existe, todos los duraznos en lata vienen con líquido: hay light syrup y también en jugo.

6. lloyds Senior Member

Ciudad de Buenos Aires
    Spanish-Argentina
    Tal cual Chileno, mil gracias!! lo googlie y es como decìs!

7. Lis48

Lis48 Senior Member

York, England
    English - British
    I wouldn´t mention the word "syrup" at all and certainly not "heavy."
    Peaches previously were canned with a lot of unhealthy sugary syrup. People´s tastes changed and "syrup" became a dirty word. So the sugar was reduced and they were called "peaches in light syrup."
    Now the companies try to avoid the word "syrup" on the label completely but can´t (in UK and I assume the US) call them "natural" as they are still in a light syrup to maintain the flavour.
    So they decided to call them canned fresh peaches (as they were fresh before being canned).
    To me it´s an oxymoron like frozen fresh peas! I suspect that in Spain "duraznos en lata" doesn´t sound too appealing.

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  8. chileno

chileno Senior Member

Las Vegas, Nv. USA
    Castellano - Chile
    Which reminds me that when I started living in the US in 1979 I looked for them in the supermarket and none of the cans would state "natural" and I didn't want them with "syrup"... :)