earn-in rights

Discussion in 'Financial Terms' started by monchi, May 19, 2006.

  1. monchi New Member

    Hi Team:
    Does anyone knows the meaning of "earn-in" in Spanish, within the following sentence?

    We own a 30% interest in the project as well as “earn-in” rights to obtain, subject to certain conditions, an additional 40%.

    It appear to me that they mean "increase". In this case increase the interest from 30% to 70%
    Thank you

     
  2. Fernando Senior Member

    Madrid
    Spain, Spanish
    Los "earn-in" rights referes to the contractual ability of increasing the stake in a company, usually paying an aditional cash.
     
  3. monchi New Member

    Thank you Fernando:
    I understand the translation to Spanish may be something like this:

    Somos poseedores de un 30% del proyecto y sujetos a ciertas condiciones, tenemos el derecho de aumentar nuestra participacion en un 40% adicional.

    Have a nice day Fernando. I do appreciate your help

    Monchi
     
  4. Lamemoor Senior Member

    Perú
    Peru - Spanish
    :warn:Nueva pregunta:)
    Hilos unidos
    Buenos días:​

    The company completed its earn-in during April 2010 and now holds a 60 per cent interest in the project with XXXXX its partner in the joint venture who holds the remaining 40 per cent.

    Mi intento:

    La compañía aumentó su participación en abril de 2010 y ahora tiene el 60% de interés en el proyecto con XXXX su socio en el joint venture que tiene el 40% restante.

    Gracias

    L.
     
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  5. jasminasul Senior Member

    Spanish
    completó su periodo de ganancias in April 2010
     
  6. Lamemoor Senior Member

    Perú
    Peru - Spanish

    Hola, gracias por tu respuesta pero definitivamente se que no es a completar ganancias a lo que se está refiriendo sino a aumentar su participación (interés) en el joint venture.

    L.
     
  7. elirlandes

    elirlandes Senior Member

    Dublin & Málaga
    Ireland English
    Lamemoor tiene razón. Un "earn-in" es una provisión que preve la aumentación de la participación de alguien en una companía al cumplirse una(s) condición(es) en el futuro (como por ejemplo un cierto nivel de ventas).
    No tengo la menor idea de como se dice en castellano.
     
  8. tradukkciones Senior Member

    Yo encontré el término traducido como "Derecho de incremento de participación".
     

Share This Page