ebbene si, mi sto facendo i fatti tuoi!

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by curlyboy20, Jan 13, 2011.

1. curlyboy20 Senior Member

Lima, Peru.
    Peruvian Spanish.
    Ciao tutti!

Sto tentando capire questa orazione, ma non riesco a capire l'ultima parte.

Hai fatto l'amore con un altro ragazzo?! Almeno e' ne valsa la pena? E mo' messo con Junior? Non gli avrai detto mica? L'amante ancora lo vedi? Sebbene si, mi sto facendo i fatti tuoi!

Have you made love to another guy? Was it at least worth it? Have you (???) with Junior? You didn't tell him at all? Are you still seeing your lover? If you are, ....?

Grazie mille!

2. Giorgio Spizzi Senior Member

Italian
    I suspect the part in italics should read "Ebbene, sì... ..."
    GS

3. curlyboy20 Senior Member

Lima, Peru.
    Peruvian Spanish.
    Okay. In that case, what would it mean?

Ebbene, si' mi sto facendo i fatti tuoi!

4. Giorgio Spizzi Senior Member

Italian
    Una possibilità: OK, I'm minding your business.
    GS

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  5. evrix

evrix Senior Member

rome
    italian
    First Italian:
    Hai fatto l'amore con un altro ragazzo?! Almeno ne e' ne valsa la pena? E mo' ti sei messo con Junior? Non glielo avrai detto mica? L'amante ancora lo vedi? Sebbene si, mi sto facendo i fatti tuoi!
    messo
    is for a male, for a woman it would be messa
    l'amante
    is not used in this situation, l'altro/quell'altro would be better [moreover, where's the whole point if this one first made love with the guy and then got engaged with junior?]
    sebbene might be used with a slightly different meaning [something like though, and as the second part of a sentence] and ebbene sounds good to me [that means well]
    English:
    have you made love with another guy? was it worth it at least? and you paired off with junior now? you haven't told him, have you? are you still meeting that guy? well, yes, I'm messing with your own business!

Third, you:
    ciao a tutti omitting a sounds a bit childish (or maybe is used in some slang other than mine)
    orazione means solemn speech, use frase, which is good both for speech, normal speech, and writings

6. curlyboy20 Senior Member

Lima, Peru.
    Peruvian Spanish.
    Thanks for the explanation. I understand the "Ebbene si'" part of the sentence now. When you say "Have you paired off with Junior?" do you mean, "have you gotten engaged with Junior?"

7. Giorgio Spizzi Senior Member

Italian
    The correct, and logical, form should be "Ebbene sì, mi sto facendo i fatti tuoi!"
    GS

8. evrix

evrix Senior Member

rome
    italian
    @curly: yep

9. entrapta

entrapta Senior Member

Bologna
    Italian
    Sebbene sì non ha alcun senso. Dovrebbe essere un typo.

10. curlyboy20 Senior Member

Lima, Peru.
    Peruvian Spanish.
    I see. Thanks everyone!