Educación Media Vocacional

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Rodolfo Vergara C, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Rodolfo Vergara C Junior Member

Bogotá, Colombia
    Bogotá, Colombia (Spanish)
    Amigos:

¿Por favor podrían ayudarme a traducir Educación Media Vocacional?

Muchas gracias

Rodolfo

2. birddogg4444 Senior Member

English U.S.
    Hola. Un poco de contextuo puede ayudar. Como se usa esta frase?

3. helenduffy

helenduffy Senior Member

USA, English
    Could this be a computer translation for middle school vocational education?
    That would be teaching 6th-8th graders about jobs abd careers.

4. Rodolfo Vergara C Junior Member

Bogotá, Colombia
    Bogotá, Colombia (Spanish)
    I like what helenduffy says. It is something like that

Thank you

5. Claroquesi New Member

Spanish
    This is a confusing situation in some countries of South and central America
    Actually I think this post refers to the last two years of study at high school level, for instance:
    " los grados de 6° a 9° de Educacion Basica Secundaria y 10° y 11° de Media Vocacional, Modalidad Academico..."
    "the levels from 6° to 9° of Middle school Education and 10° and 11° of high school, Academic Track"
    What dod you think? thanks for the help.

6. cocorico Senior Member

France
    France/USA - francais/anglais
    Hello,
    I am looking for the right translation of the title "Educación Media Vocacional" .
    The full sentence is on a Colombian High School diploma and is the following:
    Por razón de haber cursado y aprobado los estudios correspondientes al nivel de Educación Media Vocacional, según los planos y programas vigentes.
    Thank you -- muchas gracias.

7. alvapr New Member

Alexandria, VA
    Spanish (Puerto Rico)
    Educación Media Vocacional is a high school course of study in Colombia that focuses on vocational-technical skills. If students select this track, Media Vocacional would be the last two years of high school. I would translate it as Vocational Education or Vocational Technical Education.

8. Kibramoa

Kibramoa Senior Member

Deep South, U.S.A.
    Spanish - MX
    :warn: :warn:

I have a certificate from Colombia (Bachiller Académico) that states:

...aprobado estudios correspondientes al nivel de Educación Media Vocacional, según los planes y programas vigentes.

I need to find out if this corresponds to High School in the U.S. and what they mean by vocacional, vocational education???
    So, is there a "carreer-oriented" track of studies in high schools in Colombia?

Thank you.