1. Which preposition should I use in the next sentence? You did a good effort at pronunciation. Is it at or in? Thank you in advance :)

2. unspecified

unspecified Senior Member

Boston, MA, USA
    English, USA
    "At" sounds best to me, but to be sure, what would you say it in Spanish?

3. I would say my student: Hiciste un buen esfuerzo en tu pronunciación. This is regarding an oral presentation they just had. I appreciate your help unspecified, thank you very much :)

4. unspecified

unspecified Senior Member

Boston, MA, USA
    English, USA
    Actually, I think "at" and "in" both sound fine. There may be a slight nuance between the two, but over all they both mean more or less the same thing:

You made a good effort in your pronunciation.
    You made a good effort at your pronunciation.

I'm having a hard time thinking of exactly why that is. I don't know if it will help, but I looked through the dictionary entries of "in" and "at" and I'll leave the meanings that "in" or "at" could be understood as in this context:

in:
    During the act or process of
    Within the limits, bounds, or area of
    With reference to

at:
    In the activity or field of

Well, I hope this helps. Prepositions can be really difficult at times...

5. I apologize for not answering before, but believe me, I'm just starting to know how to use this useful tool.
    Thank you very much for sharing this information. We EFL learners seldom get enough information on language use, and there are certain parts of the language which result very difficult to understand.
    Thank you again.