el que tengan cabida personas provenientes de todos los luga

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by srmoreno, Dec 8, 2009.

1. srmoreno Senior Member

English: USA
    Tengo una duda y no se si solucione bien el problema de "en el que tengan cabida personas provenientes de todos los lugares del mundo" en esta frase. I am translating from Spanish to English. I understand what the sentece means but do not know if I have properly worked it into the sentence so as to not subtly change the meaning of the sentence (which I think I have in my solution).
    Uno de nuestros objetivos prioritarios es hacer de Burjassot un municipio intercultural y solidario; un buen lugar para vivir, trabajar y disfrutar del tiempo libre, en el que tengan cabida personas provenientes de todos los lugares del mundo.

One of the primary objectives is to make Burjassot a unified and intercultural municipality as well as a good place for people from all over the world to live, work and enjoy free time.

2. manxo Senior Member

Pontevedra
    Galego y Castellano de España
    I think your translation is good.

3. Hi!, why not: ... a good place for living, working and enjoying free time, where people from all over the world are wellcome .
    ciao!

4. helenduffy

helenduffy Senior Member

USA, English
    Both sound good!
    (and that's "welcome" with only one "l").