1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

el Tribunal Internacional de La Haya

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Flaumiger, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Flaumiger Senior Member

U.S., English
    Cuando buscaba cómo traducir este encontré alguna información de lo que es "La Haya" pero también encontré algo que se llama "Hague Tribunal". ¿Cómo se traduce esta frase? ¿Es "the International Court of La Haya", o "the International Court of the Hague", o quizá "the (International) Hague Tribunal"?

2. marmalade

marmalade Senior Member

There is a organization called (in English) the Hague Tribunal.

There is another organization, better known I think, called the International Court of Justice or the International Court of Justice in The Hague. It is popularly called the World Court, at least in the US.

3. Melina Senior Member

Buenos Aires
    Argentina
    You want to translate it to or from English?
    In Spanish, you´d say
    Corte internacional de La Haya or Tribunal Internacional de la Haya

Hope it helps :)

4. Moritzchen Senior Member

Los Angeles, CA
    Spanish, USA
    The International Court of Justice or World Court. It is located in The Hague.
    The name in Spanish is Corte Internacional de Justicia or Tribunal Internacional de Justicia. The Hague or La Haya is not part of the name, just the location.

5. Choni Senior Member

Madrid
    Spanish (Spain)
    You can also say "el tribunal de La Haya". This is the way it's known in Spain. Perhaps it's not very formal, but if you simply say "tribunal de La Haya" everybody will know what are you talking about.

6. mal67 Senior Member

Lusaka
    US - English
    I would avoid just saying "tribunal (internacional) de La Haya", since as far as I know there are now two international tribunals (the International Court of Justice and the International Criminal Court) in The Hague... so I would be specific about which one you meant.