1. La mosquita muerta New Member

French
    Hi all,

In my cover letter I would like to say "Votre entreprise incarne les valeurs de .... auxquelles je suis profondément attachée" and I have trouble with the order of the words. I don't know if I should say "Your company embodies values such as .... which I deeply believe in" or "Your company embodies values such as .... in which I deeply believe".
    Could you please help me with that and, above all, explain me the reason why it is one solution rather than the other?

Thanks,

A.

2. Kelly B

Kelly B Senior Member

USA English
    I was surprised I couldn't find explanations of this in the Fr-En forums, but there are many discussions about it in English Only - I've posted links below.
    I'm inclined to avoid the issue entirely by rephrasing if possible, because some English speakers think one version is ungrammatical, while some English speakers think the other version is stilted and pedantic. :rolleyes: You can't win unless you know your audience quite well.
    For example:
    ... that are very important to me.
    ... that I find very meaningful.
    ... that I hold dear.
    I'm not delighted with any of these, but I'm sure you get the idea, and perhaps someone else will offer other suggestions.

preposition after a verb at the end of the sentence
    Preposition at the end of a sentence: Where does the bus go to?
    Preposition at the end of a sentence.
    Preposition at the end of a sentence. Churchill - with which?
    Preposition at the end of a sentence. Churchill - up with which I will not put.
    Preposition at the end of a sentence. Examples, general discussion, history of the "rule" #19.
    Preposition at the end of a sentence. Sentence ending in with.
    Preposition at the end of a sentence. What is this for?
    Preposition at the end of a sentence. Who did you buy it for?
    Preposition at the end of sentence: What were ...cyclists passing silently by?
    preposition at the end of the sentence

3. La mosquita muerta New Member

French
    Thank you for your help, Kelly.