endosar en dominio o propriedad

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by birder, Apr 17, 2008.

1. birder

birder Senior Member

Another "sticky wicket" in my Chilean business file. This is one of the banking powers granted in a power of attorney. So the agent is endorsing what...?
  2. Dani California

Dani California Senior Member

Spain, Spanish
    ...endorsing in property, I guess.
  3. davehuert

davehuert Senior Member

"Endorse in full" or "endorse in property", means that somebody acts in behalf of someone as the legal owner of something.

Hope it helps...
  4. birder

birder Senior Member

Thank you...
  5. Romulus Member

Madrid, Spain
    English UK
    I have my doubts about "endorse in property". Endosar en propiedad seems fairly common in Mexico but the only reference to "endorse in property" in Google is the one that appears in this forum (the only other one is a SEC document relating to a Mexican company quoted on the US exchange). I suspect what "endosar en propiedad" means is endorse as bearer or titleholder, which makes sense but seems superfluous. You're hardly likely to endorse a bill unless you're the holder, first and foremost because you couldn't get your hands on it in the first place.
  6. vbarrazal Member

Chile, Español
    Romulus, "endosar en dominio" no significa que endosas algo como el dueño, sino que traspasas la propiedad de algo y el otro queda como dueño.
  7. Romulus Member

Madrid, Spain
    English UK
    De acuerdo, vbarrazal, pero me sigue pareciendo lo de "en dominio" de más. Si endosas algo a alguien, a ese alguien se lo haces responsable, para bien o para mal. ¿O no?
  8. RicardoElAbogado Senior Member

SF Bay Area, California
    American English
    I don't know that this practice applies to Chilean law, but under US law, a promissory note or bill of exchange is transferred by endorsing it. That is, the holder of the note or bill signs his name on the reverse side of the document. One guess on my part is that the agent is being authorized to endorse the principal's name on such notes or bills and thus to transfer title to the instrument to a third party.