Este auxilio no es constitutivo de salario

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by ClimbEveryMountain, Dec 10, 2012.

1. ClimbEveryMountain

ClimbEveryMountain Senior Member

Murray, KY
    Español
    Hola a todos

No sé cómo traducir "Este auxilio no es constitutivo de salario" en el sentido de que la ayuda o beneficio que la empresa le da a sus trabajadores no se usa para liquidar sus beneficios legales tales como pensiones, cesantías, vacaciones, primas legales y extralegales.

Mi intento:
    This aid will not have an incidence on the salary whatsoever nor will it be taken as a salary base to liquidate legal or extralegal benefits.

¿Está bien o hay otra forma?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  2. k-in-sc

k-in-sc Senior Member

It sounds like "this benefit/assistance/whatever is not considered (as/to be) salary" or "does not constitute salary."
    I don't know what kind of "auxilio" it is, but usually we don't talk about employers giving "aid." Unless maybe you work for the Red Cross :D

3. ClimbEveryMountain

Murray, KY
    Español
    The title of the chapter I'm translating is called economic aids meaning leaves and money the workers get from the company in special ocassions such as maternity leaves, economic aid for glasses and so on. That's why I've used aid, because of the context in the text.

Unless, you still think it is not correct in which case I'd have to ask you if you think I should replace it with something else.

Waiting for your answer, and thanks for the comment.

4. RicardoElAbogado Senior Member

SF Bay Area, California
    American English
    In the US, we typically refer to that as "benefits."

5. RicardoElAbogado Senior Member

SF Bay Area, California
    American English
    How about: This benefit will not be treated as salary and will not take the place of any other benefit.

6. k-in-sc

k-in-sc Senior Member

Or "... is not considered regular compensation ..."
    "Economic aid" is absolutely not the right term. Calling something "a benefit" also sounds odd. It sounds like the whole thing needs recasting. There's no need to invent language about employee benefits when there are a million examples online.

7. ClimbEveryMountain

Murray, KY
    Español
    You might be right k-in-sc about the millions of example I can find online. But when anything of what there is online works or satisfies my need I resort to WR.
    Take this as an example: there are people out there translating something like "pacto colectivo" as collective agreement, but it turns out that pacto colectivo refers to non-unionized employees' agreement while convención colectiva, which I've seen translated as collective convention by certified translators is not correct. It is unionized employees' agreement.

This kind of stuff I've learned it in here. I'm not inventing anything... I'm just trying to make you guys understand the ideas or concepts lying on the terms I need to translate. Your help is always so much appreciated.

8. k-in-sc

k-in-sc Senior Member

Well, glad if we can help, but what I meant was this language is practically boilerplate. When I said millions, I wasn't talking about translations, just English originals.

9. RicardoElAbogado Senior Member

SF Bay Area, California
    American English
    How about "employee benefit" then?