1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Eu te pego hein?

Discussion in 'Português (Portuguese)' started by cbeltran, Feb 9, 2013.

1. cbeltran New Member

Greek
    I've just accepted a friend request in facebook and a lady sent me this message : "Eu te pego,hein?" What does it mean? And what can I respond? Thanks in advance!

2. mglenadel

mglenadel Senior Member

Rio de Janeiro
    Brazilian Portuguese
    Well… in a strict sense it means "I'll get you" (the "hein" is just for emphasis). You take the "I'll get you" as you please, depending on the intentions you suspect the person has. It may range from "I'll get my revenge from you" all the way to "I'd love to have sex with you". The interpretation is up to you.

3. cbeltran New Member

Greek
    Thanks haha!!

4. Joca

Joca Senior Member

Florianópolis, Brazil
    Brazilian Portuguese
    I take this lady to be Brazilian, right? In this particulat context it doesn't mean much anything. She is probably just teasing you. On the other hand, it could mean something like: "Be careful with me. Walk on your toes. Don't try to deceive me, for I can see through you, etc..." It's slightly threatening, if you see what I mean.
    Your response? Will you write back in Portuguese or English? If in Portuguese, what would you like to say to her? We can probably help you.

5. cbeltran New Member

Greek
    Well yes she is brazilian! She send me this and I was like "what is she talking about?" I now got an idea! Thanks my friend. Better I should respond in English!