1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

extender por un lapso de dos años la entrada a EEUU

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by gemacarmenmed, Dec 22, 2013.

1. gemacarmenmed Junior Member

español
    Buenas tardes. Estoy elaborando una carta para obtener un permiso de entrada a los Estados Unidos, solicitando que se me permita hacerlo cada dos años y no encuentro la expresión correcta Agradezco su ayuda. La oración es esta:
    Solicito a Ustedes se sirvan estudiar la posibilidad de permitirme extender por un lapso de dos años la entrada a Los Estados Unidos.

Gracias.

2. aztlaniano

aztlaniano Senior Member

Lavapiestán, Madrid
    English (Aztlán, US sector)
    ¿Se trata de un multiple-entry visa?

3. gemacarmenmed Junior Member

español
    Es una entrada que se debe hacer dos veces al año para no perder la residencia, pero cada vez debido a mis estudios en mi país se me hace más difícil y por eso pido que se me permita entrar cada dos años. Gracias de antemano.

4. aztlaniano

aztlaniano Senior Member

Lavapiestán, Madrid
    I would like to request that you consider the possibility of extending my permission to re-enter the United States for a period of up to two years, rather than just six months, as at present.

5. Maximino Senior Member

Santiago de Chile
    Español chileno

Estoy de acuerdo. Me parece que expresa justo lo solicitado.

Saludos

6. Txiri

Txiri Senior Member

USA English
    I like aztlaniano's version, but I am curious, what kind of visa are you on? You need to go back and forth periodically during your stay?

7. aztlaniano

aztlaniano Senior Member

Lavapiestán, Madrid
    Not a visa, but a residency permit, it would appear (see #3). I've had the same arrangement, in another country - residency can be lost if you are out of that country more than six months at a time.

8. Txiri

Txiri Senior Member

USA English
    Thank you for the comment. I'm still a little muddled.

What I find difficult to grasp is "que se me permita entrar cada dos años."

When I went to Spain (and stayed a good long while) years ago, I entered on a tourist visa, "visa turística." This was well before 9/11 and Americans weren't considered dangerous abroad. ha ha This visa was valid for 6 months, there was no "estancia" connected to it, and to remain legal, I merely took a trip to the border with Portugal or France, crossed over, and asked for a visa stamp from the Spanish authorities when I came back in. I never had a problem. After a couple of years of this, I had the documentation necessary to ask for a work permit, which brought along with it "un permiso de residencia", but the sticking point at that time was you had to request either the "permiso de trabajo" or the "permiso de residencia" from outside Spain ... so I made a trip stateside in order to do that. At that point I had been in Spain about two years, so it was time to come home and see my family anyway ...

Maybe you can shed some light on this. Oh, and I gather Spain's laws have changed since that time.

9. gemacarmenmed Junior Member

español
    Thanks a lot. Understood. Merci.