1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)
  1. jocarr13 New Member

English
    The following is a Facebook status that I would like to understand. I can translate the individual words but I can't understand the meaning...

This is how the sentence appeared on Facebook

" ta de la chance que c moi !!!! la prochaine fois pense a fermer la session phillipe !!!! demande au tour de toi !!!! ki c !!!! probablement un anglais"

Phillipe is the person who wrote the message.

Can anyone help?

Thank you very much

2. Lotuselisa Senior Member

....I understand the person who wrote this message is not Philip as the latter has forgotten to log out...So the message has been written by whoever went to Philip's facebook page....

The message translates as:

You are lucky it is me!!! Next time, remember to log out Philippe!!! Ask around!!! Who knows!!!! Probably an English

3. Missrapunzel

Missrapunzel Senior Member

Paris
    French (France)
    You're lucky it was me! Next time remember to log off Philippe! Ask around you! who it is! who knows! probably an English person.

(The spelling isn't correct in French)

EDIT: ki c = qui sait, not qui c'est!

4. Chris' Spokesperson Senior Member

Paris
    English - Ireland
    Phillipe is clearly not the person who wrote the message. Phillipe left himself logged in and one of his friends has written a message in his stead:

"You are lucky that it's me!!!! Next time think to close the session!!!! Ask around you !!!! Who is it !!!! Probably an English person"

A very exclamatory message indeed.

5. jocarr13 New Member

English
    Thanks everyone... very helpful!