Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by Rosytuesday, Dec 13, 2009.

  1. Rosytuesday Member

    I need to translate the following medical terms from French into English: Fibroscopie, Coloscopie and Endoscopie digestive. I have a group of nurses in my English class and one of them has to perform these medical examinations. She sometimes needs to explain the examination and its procedure to English-speaking patients and thus would like to know these terms in English. I thought one could just keep the same words and change the final "ie" to "y" but, since I'm not too knowledgeable about medical terminology, I'd rather check first. Could anyone help me out?
    Thank you :)
  2. quinoa Senior Member

    endoscopy produced by fibroscope (OGD oesophagogastroduodenoscopy, fibroscopy)
    gastrointestinal endoscopy

    I hope it helps
  3. Rosytuesday Member

    Thank you Quinoa for your very prompt reply. I think we'll have fun in class trying to pronounce "oesophagogastroduodenoscopy". What a mouthful !!

Share This Page