1. guadalupedaher

guadalupedaher Junior Member

Alemania
    Argentina, español
    como traduzco la frase: "La necesidad de cambio en la filosofía de vida"?

2. marquess Senior Member

U.K.
    U.K. English
    Necessity of changing philosophy of life.

Context?

3. guadalupedaher

Alemania
    Argentina, español
    es un item de un proyecto que estoy traduciendo...es uno de los objetivos del proyecto...tu opción me parece que es válida...no estaba segura con la traduccion de "necesidad" como "necessity", pero supongo que está bien...

4. dreamineyes Junior Member

Norway- Norwegian
    Could also translate directly as: "the need for change in the philosophy of life"

What's the context? I'm curious..

5. jinti

jinti Senior Member

My version:

The need for a change in my/your/his/etc. philosophy of life

6. guadalupedaher

Alemania
    Argentina, español
    I'm talking in a general way,

so it's right if I write: "The need for change philosophy of life"?

I'm not good with prepositions but if I say "The need for a change in our philosophy of life" is better?

dreamineyes: It is a project for an artistic scolarship, and this is one of the messages I want to transmite.

7. sunrise25 Banned

Argentina
    The need for a change in life perspective. It´s not a literal translation, but it may be more realistic.

8. marquess Senior Member

U.K.
    U.K. English
    It does depend on the context, and it might be appropriate in a formal text to say 'the need/necessity to change/of changing one's philosophy of life' if not directing the comment at any one in particular. When talking about Philosophy in English in academic circles it is even frequent for writers to use the German loan word 'Weltanschau(ung)' for 'Philosophy of Life' - sorry, but I was a Philosophy student.

Why not post your final preferred paragraph for comment?

9. guadalupedaher

Alemania
    Argentina, español
    I finally decided to put: "The need for a change in our philosophy of life"...I don't know if it is the better phrase to express what I want...but the project should be finished that day! marquess I like your alternative "the need to change one's philosophy of life"!