Tema en 'Legal Terminology' comenzado por macydav, 14 de Enero de 2007.

1. macydav Junior Member

Spain, Spanish
    Hi there!
    I am doing a translation in which I need to translate both "forgery" and "counterfeiting" but don´t really know what the difference between these 2 terms is. Any person specialized in Legal terminology or Criminal Law may explain it to me, please?

thanks a lot!

Oh! Almost forgot! Is an "attorney at law" excatly the same as just "attorney"?? If this helps, the text I am doing consists of a list of the different criminal and civil matters handled by an attorney at law.
  2. Lilac girl Junior Member

Spanish, Spain
    Forgery means "falsificar"

Counterfeiting; means "copiar" en el marco de la piratería por ejemplo o en general de la Propiedad Intelectual:

Hope this helps
  3. Logophilus

Logophilus Senior Member

Technically, they are synonymous. In common usage, however, forgery refers to the altering of a document with intent to deceive while counterfeiting refers to making a document with intent to deceive. Semantics, yes, but I'm not one to call a spade a spayed. :)

Attorney is "abogado" amongst other terms. Attorney-at-law, as I've seen it once in Spanish, is "licensiado en derecho". Perhaps one of our Spanish colleagues could assist on this?

4. the boss Banned

Attorney - at - Law es el título del Licenciado en Derecho, mientras que el attorney es el abogado. La diferencia tiene un matiz procesal, pues se pregunta al procesado si tiene abogado y ese abogado tiene que ser licenciado en derecho.

Comparte esta página