Discussion in 'Deutsch (German)' started by Lelleo50, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Lelleo50 Junior Member

In an article that is about musicians playing a concert, it talks about how a previous conductor removed a lot of the repeats from the performance but this conductor plays them all out fully.

There is a particular sentence to state this:

"Hier wurde alles ausmusiziert - abgesehen von zwei Formteilen." How would you best translate this, particularly the 'Formteilen'? I feel like it's a very specific music segment of the piece but the only thing I can find is 'shapes' in textiles/mathematical sense and translating it literally as 'Form parts' won't work!

Any advice much appreciated.

2. Resa Reader Senior Member

I'm afraid I have no idea what "Formteile" are in music. So I tried to look the term up. One of those "Formteile" seems to be called "bridge" in English. I don't know what the general term is as I don't know enough about music.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  3. oberhaenslir Banned

German, Switzerland
    Zum Beispiel kann in einem Trio als Werkgattung ein Trio ebenfalls als Formteil vorkommen.
  4. Lelleo50 Junior Member

Ok. Thanks both. That is most helpful!
  5. Robocop Senior Member

Central Switzerland
    (Swiss) German
    "Formteile" (in der Musik) seem to be formal elements (in music, in the science of music).
  6. Lelleo50 Junior Member

Thanks Robocop. Can you tell me where you are finding that definition? It's a bit vague and I think 'bridge' or 'bridging passages' (Resa's reply) makes most sense of the sentence and context but if you are finding another useful source, I could have a quick look myself to check.

7. Robocop Senior Member

Central Switzerland
    (Swiss) German