1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Forros del disco de embrague gastados o quemados

Discussion in 'Specialized Terminology' started by licnm, Mar 6, 2009.

1. licnm Junior Member

Buenos Aires
    Spanish Argentina
    My main question is how to translate "forros de disco de embrague", is it jacket disc clutcht???

2. Smac

Smac Senior Member

Birmingham
    UK English
    I think it's clutch-disk cover. That is, the cover that encloses the disk of the clutch. If that is what it means, it is better to include the hyphen since without it the expression could mean the cover that encloses the disk-type clutch. Spellings disk and disc are probably both acceptable. :)

3. licnm Junior Member

Buenos Aires
    Spanish Argentina
    thanks! very useful :)

4. jalibusa Senior Member

Tacoma, WA US
    Uruguay Español
    The word for "forro de embrague" is "clutch lining".

5. Bula Senior Member

Brasil
    Português - Brasil
    olá, creo que el material de fricción de un disco de embrague es: clutch facing

6. licnm Junior Member

Buenos Aires
    Spanish Argentina
    thank u all! i'll stay with clutch-disk cover:)

7. jalibusa Senior Member

Tacoma, WA US
    Uruguay Español
    Bad, bad choice.

8. Bula Senior Member

Brasil
    Português - Brasil
    Licnm,
    I have been working for a worldwide clutch manufacturing company and the name we used for the friction material was "facing".
    The clutch cover is another part of the clutch. Mainly the clutch is made by three sub-assemblies: bearing, disc and cover. On the edge of the disc we have the facings, that make contact with the plate, that is riveted inside the cover. Try to search google images: clutch facing and clutch cover and you will check.

9. hermenator

hermenator Senior Member

Unveil the undisclosed one and only truth, my friend. Graphical proofchecking never does any harm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brake_lining

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for. But even if its not, you'll know what are you not looking for, then.

Good luck!

10. Smac

Smac Senior Member

Birmingham
    UK English
    This diagram is more relevant since it shows a clutch mechanism. It does not use the term forro at all. The clutch cover [8] is called cubierta and the clutch disk [3] is called disco de fricción.

It is certainly the disco de fricción which becomes "gastado o quemado", but Forro may nevertheless refer to the cover (which needs to be removed in order to replace the damaged disk).

11. hermenator

hermenator Senior Member

POr lo que ví en la WIkifoto, se refiere a piezas del sistema de "balatas", no? Al menos así les llaman en México. Son unos discos de frenado que se "des"gastan, más jamás había escuchado que se quemaran.

Salu2

12. Bula Senior Member

Brasil
    Português - Brasil
    Hola,
    Hermenator se está referiendo al sistema de frenos de disco y Smac a un embrague.
    Aunque en Wiki pone "cubierta" para el cover, también se puede utilizar: carcasa o mecanismo.

13. hermenator

hermenator Senior Member

Bula, te agradezco la aclaración. La verdad es que no soy ningún experto en la materia, soy abogado. Pero el resultado de google imágenes me hizo reconocer las balatas. WR dice clutch por embrague. Es el clutch que metemos para meter cambios?? Parecía sistema de frenado la foto.

Salu2

14. Bula Senior Member

Brasil
    Português - Brasil
    Hola, Hermenator.
    Clutch = embrague (puede ser la de tu coche o la de una maquina).
    He aprendido lo de las balatas por tu respuesta. En España se utiliza la palabra sistema de frenos.
    un saludo,