From an Oil Purchase Agreement...!!!

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Tradutalento, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Tradutalento New Member

Caracas, Venezuela
    Venezuela, Spanish
    Help!!! I am trying to translate this sentence into Spanish:

"In place of a performance bond, the Seller will provide to the Buyer all the lifting permits down to the window number issued by EXXON."

Auxilio!!! No tengo idea de lo que significa la parte en negritas...!!!!
    Gracias y saludos!!!

2. pinkpanter

pinkpanter Senior Member

Hola Tradutalento, no estoy muy convencida pero lo intento:

"en lugar de un alianza de funcionamiento, el vendedor proporcionará al comprador todos los permisos que se muestran abajo del número de la ventana publicado por EXXON."

Saludos,

3. cuchuflete

cuchuflete Senior Member

Maine, EEUU
    EEUU-inglés
    Hola Tradu,

I regret to disagree with my esteemed colleague and teacher Pantera, but...
    this is not standard legal terminology...it appears to be a be a case of colloquial English.. todos los permisos [no idea how to translate 'lifting' which I assume refers to oil extraction] hasta e inclusive el número de ventana emitido por EXXON.

The implication of "down to" is that all permits, from the normal ones, the more detailed sub-permits, and even the very minor ones, are to be included.

Saludos,
    Cuchuflete

4. pinkpanter

pinkpanter Senior Member

Hi Cuchu, please do not regret. I was not sure at all about what I wrote... it was so good you corrected it!!

La Panterita that esteems you so ;)

5. cuchuflete

cuchuflete Senior Member

Maine, EEUU
    EEUU-inglés
    Gracias Maestra Rosada!!

here is another example of "down to", to help illustrate its use:

"disassembling products that use Easy-Release Screw Fasteners can be done using simple equipment and merely involves placing the discarded product on a conveyor belt and subjecting it to heat, followed by cooling. Because these used products can be disassembled down to the level of individual components automatically without the need for human intervention, t"

6. pinkpanter

pinkpanter Senior Member

¡Muchas gracias por el ejemplo Cuchicín! :)

7. cuchuflete

cuchuflete Senior Member

Maine, EEUU
    EEUU-inglés
    No hay de qué PP...ya te toca enseñármelo en bable.
    Qxu