1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

fundamental e indispensable para el desarrollo

Discussion in 'Medical Terminology' started by anaca7, Aug 6, 2009.

1. anaca7 Junior Member

San José
    Costa Rica-Spanish
    Hello everyone,
    The following is a section on some National Regulations on Human Experimentation and Research which I need to translate:Toda investigación o experimentación en seres humanos "...es fundamental e indispensable para el desarrollo del conocimiento en la salud y en consecuencia para una mejor detección, y tratamiento de las enfermedades que afectan a los seres humanos."

This is my attempt
    All investigation and experimentation on human beings "...is fundamental and essential for the broadening of our knowledge in regard to human health and, consequently, to an improved diagnosis and treatment of those medical conditions that affect human beings."

1. Would you consider fundamental and essential redundant?
    2. Am I changing the meaning of "desarrollo" in my translation?
    3. Is my attempt too "Spanish-like"?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  2. auguren Senior Member

Colombia
    Spanish
    Yo la redactaría de esta manera:

All research and experimentation on human beings "...is fundamental and essential for knowledge development regarding health and, therefore, for a better detection and treatment of the diseases that affect human beings."

3. anaca7 Junior Member

San José
    Costa Rica-Spanish
    It sounds nicer. Thank you very much for your suggestion.

4. fsabroso

fsabroso Moderadiólogo

South Texas
    Perú / Castellano
    Me gusta la traducción de Auguren, como es usual :thumbsup: solo cambiaría "detección" por "screening"

Saludos.

5. anaca7 Junior Member

San José
    Costa Rica-Spanish
    I guess I will have to go to a dictionary to make a conscientious choice between both words. Thank you :)