Future Medicals- non-threshold cases (workers' compensation)

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by Songbird17, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Songbird17 Senior Member

Anywhere and everywhere, USA
    Spanish (Cuba/U.S.)
    Good afternoon (evening)!

I'm in need of help with this workers' compensation term: "Future Medicals- non-threshold cases"

It is the heading of a paragraph which states that the claimant isn't classified by Medicare of having reasonable expectation of enrollment within the next 30 months and doesn't meet their threshold and so the insurance company is not setting money aside for future Medicare-covered treatment for this claimant.

That is all I have by way of some kind of context. Here is my attempt at it:
    "Necesidades médicas futuras - casos sin umbral" OR "Necesidades médicas futuras- casos que no alcanzan el umbral"

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

2. RicardoElAbogado Senior Member

SF Bay Area, California
    American English
    Looks good. Keep in mind that "medicals" is shorthand for "medical expenses."

3. Songbird17 Senior Member

Spanish (Cuba/U.S.)
    Ahh, OK. Should I change it then to "Gastos médicos futuros" instead? Also, should it be "casos sin umbral" or "casos que no alcanzan el umbral" ? I'm still up in the air about which of those two for that part. Thank you so very much for helping me out! :)

4. RicardoElAbogado Senior Member

SF Bay Area, California
    American English
    "Gastos médicos futuros" should be accurate.

I prefer "casos que no alcanzan el umbral" because I believe that this is closer to not meeting the threshold that you referred to as being in the paragraph. "casos sin umbral" says that there is no threshold, which is inconsistent with your description of the paragraph.

5. Songbird17 Senior Member

Spanish (Cuba/U.S.)
    Thank you SO much, RicardoElAbogado. I really, really appreciate it. Si pasas por aquí tengo otro hilo colgado de otro término que no sé cómo traducirlo.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013