1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

gastroscopía

Discussion in 'Medical Terminology' started by Mayday2008, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Mayday2008 Senior Member

Cuba, Español
    Good morning,
    This is a medical service required when a patient has stomach problems in order to confirm if he/she has gastritis, gastric ulcer, etc.

Durante el 2007 concluyó la reparación del policlínico Gilberto Marqueti de Candelaria el cual brinda ahora nuevos y mejorados servicios a la población, destacándose los de radiología, gastroscopía, drenaje biliar y ultrasonido entre otros.

My English attempt:

During the year 2007, the reparation of the policlinic Gilberto Marqueti of Candelaria concluded; currently, it offers new and improved services to the population, highlighting the ones of radiology, "gastro-copy", gallbladder drainage, and ultrasound among others.

Thanks in advance!!!

2. fsabroso

fsabroso Moderadiólogo

South Texas
    Perú / Castellano
    Hola:

3. Mayday2008 Senior Member

Cuba, Español
    Thank you very much, dear fsabroso, you are always very helpful!!!

4. TimLA

TimLA Senior Member

Los Angeles
    English - US
    Gastroscopy is perfect, but a more general term would be "endoscopy",
    and would include all of the esophagus, stomach, duodenum, biliary tree, pancreas, etc.

5. Mayday2008 Senior Member

Cuba, Español
    Thanks dear TimLa, but we also have in Spanish "endoscopía", so if the writer used "gastroscopía", I guess the right translation should be: gastroscopy.

6. weblau Junior Member

A ver si me ayudan, especialmente los médicos y enfermeros: ¿se dice gastroscopia o gastroscopía? ¿Endoscopia o endoscopía? Gracias por vuestra ayuda, saludos, LmS