generación de ingresos

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by ayvlis, Nov 2, 2008.

1. ayvlis Senior Member

in asuncion
    spanish & english (peru)
    Hola me podrían dar una mano con este término?

Resultados de las innovaciones productivas incorporadas en las estancias en cuanto a rubros para generación de ingresos, seguridad alimentaria y manejo de suelo

pense algo como income generation?

gracias

ayvlis

2. Okie Senior Member

Cochabamba, Bolivia
    English US
    ....income generating, food safety and soil management areas

3. ayvlis Senior Member

in asuncion
    spanish & english (peru)
    mil gracias Okie
    Ayvlis

4. ppc23 New Member

Spanish
    Dear all,
    a bit late but I happened to see this translation here and if you use "income generating" there is a noun missing after generating cause in that sentence it works as an adjective. Then, my suggestion is "income generation"

5. Okie Senior Member

Cochabamba, Bolivia
    English US
    Actually income generating or income generation both work because you can string a number of nouns together in English to form a concept which in this case is "an income generating/generation area." "Generating" is a gerund or a present participle, the former acting as a noun and the latter as an adjective. (It's been a while since I studied grammar, so .... for more details on this topic you can see http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/627/02/)

6. RicardoElAbogado Senior Member

SF Bay Area, California
    American English
    While Okie is correct that both work, "income generation" is better as a matter of style. When listing a series of terms, you want them to be in the same form.

Thus, if you have "food safety and soil management" you would want to use "income generation." On the other hand if you had, "food safety and managing soil," then you would want to use "generating income."

7. Okie Senior Member

Cochabamba, Bolivia
    English US
    Good point, RicardoElAbogado