General discussion forum?

Discussion in 'Comments and Suggestions' started by onbalance, Feb 18, 2013.

1. onbalance

onbalance Senior Member

United States
    English - United States
    Does this website feature a general discussion forum? I would like to get some tips on how to watch French-language videos online.

2. Nanon

Nanon Senior Member

Entre Paris et Lisbonne
    français (France)
    Hi Onbalance,

Have you tried the French resources? This thread provides some links to TV channels and other sites.

Besides, as regards general discussions, your status should enable you to access the Culture Café.

Hope it helps!

3. TheJigsaw New Member

Argentina
    What's that? Where can I find it?

I've been mostly a lurker, but want to ask a question that doesn't seem to fit in any of the forums and sub-forums. It's related to seeking English native speakers in B.s As., Argentina for me to take lessons with. Where am I supposed to ask that?

Thanks.

4. Cagey post mod

California
    English - US
    Hello, TheJigsaw.

We don't have a forum that allows for that kind of interchange, unfortunately.

The forum that Nanon refers to is explained here: Cultural Discussions Closed
    That post explains who has access to the forum.

For other new members who see this thread: The Cultural Forum contains threads on more general topics, especially those related to learning a language. The threads are still available to read. No new threads may be started there, but if you have at least 30 posts, you may contribute to an existing thread. :)

5. TheJigsaw New Member

Argentina
    I see. So me opening a thread requesting that kind of info on the Spanish-English forum/sub-forums would be a violation to the rules? Would the topic be deleted? Or should I give it a go?

6. Cagey post mod

California
    English - US
    I am sorry, but none of our forums allow that type of question. I believe that a search of the internet would find websites that facilitate that sort of exchange.