Geographic OR geographical ?

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by isausa81, Mar 1, 2006.

1. isausa81 Senior Member

Nantes, FRANCE
    FRANCE - French
    Do we say "Geographic information" OR "Geographical information" ? What is the difference betwenn those 2 adjectives? Thks.
  2. denis-a-paris

denis-a-paris Senior Member

Paris, France
    English - USA
    Tout les deux me semblent pareils. Aussi, mon dictionnaire dit la même chose pour eux.
  3. timpeac

timpeac Senior Member

English (England)
    Although I am not sure if I am creating a distinction here, I would suggest that "geographic information" is information about some aspect of geography (a map, for example) whereas "geographical information" is information provided by geography (the fact the there is a layer of chalk, say, 3 metres down showing there was a flood 1 million years ago (completely made up example!!)).

Isausa - since you seem comfortable asking such questions in English and the question is not directly one of translation you might want to ask such a question in the English only forum where you might get a wider response.
  4. isausa81 Senior Member

Nantes, FRANCE
    FRANCE - French
    Merci beaucoup Timpeac ! It does make sens to me and I would think of the English only forum next time ;+) ! I had forgotten about it... Have a good one !
  5. Kelly B

Kelly B Senior Member

USA English