Grazie per aver giocato

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by LaughingJack, Sep 21, 2005.

1. LaughingJack Senior Member

Hampshire, UK
    US, English
    Pardon, but is there any way to shorten this phrase "Grazie per aver giocato!" to 19 characters, including spaces?

Cheers

2. Silvia B

Silvia B Senior Member

Italy - Italian
    I don't think so :)
    Maybe just "grazie" :D

3. Andre Balian

Andre Balian Senior Member

Minnesota
    English, uSA
    Hmmm... I don't know if this works but I'll try.

Grazie per giocando
    Thanks for playing.

No room for "!" this way though.

Grazie per aver giocato = Thanks for having played (?)

4. Manuel_M Senior Member

Malta
    Maltese
    Grazie per giocando is not grammatically correct. Grazie per aver giocato is the correct way. Or possibly grazie d'aver giocato? But it would still be more than 19 spaces

5. Andre Balian

Andre Balian Senior Member

Minnesota
    English, uSA
    Why must it be only 19 characters?

How about:

Grazie per il gioco.

Thanks for the game. 19.

Grazie per i giochi. (?) 19

Thanks for the games. Is that the right way to do the plural? I'm not versed in plural yet.

Workable?
    Grammatical?

6. Anna Più

Anna Più Senior Member

Catalonia, Catalan
    hi,
    Or also: Grazie per participare (but +19!).
    I' don't know which is the context for the phrase that you are asking for. But maybe you can also say Grazie, giocatore! (thanks, player!).

7. Scrumpals

Scrumpals Senior Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    USA - English
    che ne dici:

"Hai giocato! grazie"

Its a stretch - but only 19 letters!!!
    steven

8. Manuel_M Senior Member

Malta
    Maltese
    Grazie per participare is not correct Italian. Grazie per aver participato is the correct way to phrase that.

9. Anna Più

Anna Più Senior Member

Catalonia, Catalan
    Maybe I have done a literal traduction from the Catalan or also the Spanish way to say it. I know that isn't exactly what LaughingJack are asking for, because he refears a past action, for that I was asking for the context.
    But: My mistake is a verbal time mistake? Can I say "Grazie per partecipare!" in other contexts? is definitely non correct Italian?

Thank you/grazie/grazzi !

10. leenico

leenico Senior Member

U.S.A. english
    Just some small corrections. ;)

11. LaughingJack Senior Member

Hampshire, UK
    US, English
    Sorry for not giving the context of the message. It is supposed to come at the end of having played a game, like saying thanks for playing, come again or something similar. The reason I need it 19 or less characters is to fit it all in one line.

I know that in spanish you could just use gracias por jugar, but don't know either the infinitive of 'to play' (giocare?) or if it's grammatically correct in italian to use it that way.

Thanks for the help.

12. Anna Più

Anna Più Senior Member

Catalonia, Catalan
    Hi,
    LaughingJack: I'm shure that the infinitive of To play is giocare in Italian (jugar in Spanish), but we have to wait some italian forero explains us about how to use it! I'm sorry...

I'm very grateful when foreros correct my English, Leenico... thank you very much!