Happy Holidays

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by cac, Dec 16, 2004.

1. cac New Member

USA English
    I am producing an ad for a company that sells hand-painted porcelain and would like to lead in with Happy Holidays in Italian. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  2. Alfry

Alfry Senior Member

"Buone Feste."

3. carla1604 Junior Member

Rome - Italy
    Italy Italian
    If you are referring to Christmas holidays, you should just say "Buone Feste".
    "Buone vacanze" also means "happy holidays", but it's especially used for summer holidays.
    A standard expression for Christmas greetings is "Buon Natale e Felice Anno Nuovo" (this is usually printed on Christmas postcards).

4. islandgirl New Member

Hawaii, USA
    so you would say : " " Boun Natale e Felice Anno Nuovo" and not
    Buon Natale e Boun Anno Nuovo?

~islandgirl de Hawaii
  5. TrentinaNE Senior Member

English (American)
    The latter is not technically "wrong", but it's not what you usually hear. :)

6. Fijbert Junior Member

Canada English
    Hi can someone please help me translate this.

Hi, I'd like to wish you and the crew happy holidays. I hope all is well. Take care.
  7. fabry2811

fabry2811 Senior Member

Italy - Italian
    Ciao, mi piacerebbe augurare a te ed alla tua comitiva/al tuo gruppo serene vacanze. Spero che tutto vada bene. Abbi cura di te.

8. foofoodude New Member

Ipswich/ Sardinia
    England/ English
    Just a quick line to add something useful for context...

It's worth noting that it is much more common to say "Happy Holidays" in the US than in the UK although some are adopting it or a form of it there too occasionally. It is seen by some people as more poltically correct as it is then a greeting for ALL with no possible offence of non-Christians...... By others this is just seen as political correctness gone crazy....

You must decide if Buon Natale is going to offend someone by mentioning Christmas.... or if it is better to wish them "Happy time off from work"

Yes - I am most definately being cheeky and sarcastic in case you were wondering ;)

Happy Holidays is very American...which may bear no importance to you at all.
    Season's Greetings is general, non-religious (if you're bothered) and used in Europe, Australia and USA

ff dude :)
  9. ahmednimo New Member

Mansoura , Egipto
    arabic egypt
    "Buone Feste"