1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

high-rise caged layer houses

Discussion in 'Specialized Terminology' started by Mar_azul, Jul 3, 2013.

  1. Mar_azul

    Mar_azul Senior Member


    alguien me puede ayudar con la traducción de "high-rise caged layer houses" es de un estudio sobre una plaga en la industria avícola.

    This worm is a major pest of the poultry industry, especially in high-rise caged layer houses.

    Este es mi intento:
    Este gusano es una plaga importante en la industria avícola, especialmente en los galpones con jaulas altas para gallinas ponedoras.

    No he encontrado una traducción exacta para esta frase. Aquí hay algunas imágenes http://www.google.com/search?um=1&h...08,d.dmQ&fp=9e328bbb70208591&biw=1093&bih=471
  2. Mar_azul

    Mar_azul Senior Member

    Aquí hay otras oraciones donde aparece esta frase en inglés: "Distribution and monitoring lesser mealworms, hide beetles, and other fauna in high-rise, caged-layer poultry houses." "Arthropod Populations in High-Rise, Caged-Layer Houses After Three Manure Cleanout Treatments" http://www.bioone.org/doi/abs/10.1603/0022-0493-96.4.1352
  3. Mar_azul

    Mar_azul Senior Member

    Encontré este fragmento en un artículo, como contexto adicional:

    High-rise, controlled environment, caged layer poultry houses are widely used in commercial egg production. Laying hens are placed in upper floor cages and manure accumulates on a cement floor called the pits.

    Fuente: Turner, EC and Carter, L. (1990). Mass rearing and introduction of Ophyra aenescens (Wiedemann) (Diptera: Muscidae) in high-rise caged layer houses to reduce house fly populations. J. Agric. Entomol. 7(3}: 247-257

  4. k-in-sc

    k-in-sc Senior Member

    I'm seeing "galpones en batería verticales."
  5. Mar_azul

    Mar_azul Senior Member

    Muchas gracias

Share This Page