hoja de actividades

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by papefons, Sep 16, 2008.

1. papefons Senior Member

castellano (España)
    Hello everybody,

How would you say in English the expression "hoja de actividades", that is, a series of activities that the teacher gives to the students in a sheet to do in the classroom or at home?

Thanks in advance.
  2. rmiller22 Member

I believe what you're referring to is a "worksheet." A worksheet is any sheet that a teacher gives out with problems that a student has to complete on their own-- it is often homework but can also be given out in class when a teacher wants the students to work independently and give her a break from teaching for a few minutes.
  3. earthguido

earthguido Member

Argentina - Spanish
    I would say "activity sheet", although it sounds like a literal translation. Maybe "homework sheet" or "homework list" would also apply.
  4. rmiller22 Member

Well, I can assure you that in the U.S. it is called a worksheet-- this is the common and natural way to say it-- but I can't speak for other countries.
  5. papefons Senior Member

castellano (España)
    It´s just the word I was looking for. Thank you very much.
  6. papefons Senior Member

castellano (España)
    I prefer "worksheet". It´s closer to the idea I had in mind. Thank you both.