1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Hola, mi amigo hermoso

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by seniorita, Oct 21, 2006.

1. seniorita New Member

english
    Hi... I'm gonna take another try at this...

Hola mi amigo hermoso, yo espero que usted tenga un fin de semana maravilloso. Estoy tan contento que encontramos, pienso que seremos amigos durante mucho tiempo, usted es una dama muy especial.

Does the above mean something along the lines of: Hi my beautiful friend I hope that you have a nice week/weekend.

I'm having a little difficulty with the second sentence. As dictionaries tend to have a different meaning for some of these words which would make it an odd sentence...

Could anyone clarify this for me at all please?

2. marcoszorrilla

marcoszorrilla Senior Member

Español - España
    Hola mi amigo hermoso, yo espero que usted tenga un fin de semana maravilloso. Estoy tan contento que encontramos, pienso que seremos amigos durante mucho tiempo, usted es una dama muy especial.

De acuerdo con lo subrayado se trata de una mujer por lo tanto:

Hola, hermosa amiga espero que tengas un fin de semana maravilloso. Estoy muy contento de habernos encontrado, espero que seamos amigos durante mucho tiempo, pues eres una chica/mujer muy especial.

o en el caso de utilizar dama que se entiende que la relación es más distante se utilizaría usted es una dama muy especial.

3. Gillian Senior Member

Texas
    English USA
    Were you looking for an English translation?

I can try. I'm sure those with better grammar will correct this for you.

Hello my beautiful frind. I hope that you have a marvelous weekend. I am so happy we met, I think we will be friends for a long time, you are a very special lady.

4. jacinta Senior Member

California
    USA English
    If you are saying that you are happy to have met her (for the first time), you would use the verb conocer:

Estoy muy contento de que nos conocimos...
    O
    ...de habernos conocido

5. seniorita New Member

english
    YEh I wanted to know what the second sentence meant in english... I thought it was along the lines of marvellous and special! Thank you!!!