I hope to have the opportunity to work with you in the future.

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by sungpal, Sep 9, 2006.

1. sungpal New Member

Korean, Korea
    I would like to say --> I hope to have the opportunity to work with you in the future.

can I say --> J'espere avoir l'occasion de travailler avec vous?

THank you!!

2. carolineR

carolineR Senior Member

Indian Ocean
    France
    OUI :thumbsup:
    You could ad : dans l'avenir, or if you're truly eager to do so : dans un proche avenir :)

3. sungpal New Member

Korean, Korea
    Could you teach me a nice official way of concluding my thank you card?

4. carolineR

carolineR Senior Member

Indian Ocean
    France
    Ad : dans cette attente, je vous prie de croire, Monsieur, à l'expression de mes sentiments les meilleurs:)

5. Iznogoud

Iznogoud Senior Member

French - Canada
    Your sentence is fine, but "hope" is not very business-like. In English, you would rather say "I am looking forward to working with you in the future" or "...to an opportunity to work with you...". Treat this eventuality as a certainty instead of a possibility.

In French, you could achieve the same effect as follows: "Dans l'attente d'une opportunité de travailler avec vous, je vous prie d'agréer...". Again, take for granted that the opportunity will present itself and that you're merely waiting for it to happen.

This, however, might be much more direct than what would be appropriate in your context. But as a follow up to a job interview that went well, for instance, it would be fine.

6. carolineR

carolineR Senior Member

Indian Ocean
    France
    or : en vous remerciant encore pour votre ... (de quoi s'agissait-il?), je vous prie de croire, Monsieur, etc (the same as above)

7. sungpal New Member

Korean, Korea
    This is kind of long~~

Would it be okay if I just say

"à l'expression de mes sentiments les meilleurs"

or would it be improper to do so?

Thank you so so much by the way!

8. sungpal New Member

Korean, Korea
    THank you all of you! = )
    Gosh...
    I hope to relearn French!! I have forgotten everything! (for not using French for 9 years now.... = ( !!)