I keep myself up to date

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by Mick's Wife, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Mick's Wife Senior Member

I am writing a letter of motivation to go with my application for a nursing post and would like to add the following:

"I keep myself up to date with the latest developments in nursing".

My attempts: "
    Je fais la mise à jour avec les derniers développments d'infirmier" or "Je suis au courant des derniers développments d'infirmier" but I don't want to give the impression that I know it all and am completely up to date, rather that I regularly read current research and nursing journals to keep myself up to date and my practice current. Thanks for any help.

2. Micia93

Micia93 Senior Member

in the center of France
    FRANCE FRENCH
    "je me remets à niveau en ce qui concerne ..."

:=)

3. Guill Senior Member

Français - France
    Je fais la mise à jour = I'm doing the update for my computer/mobile phone etc.
    Je suis au courant = I'm up to date

I would go for "Je me tiens au courant des derniers développements en matière d'infirmerie".

4. Kecha Senior Member

Paris
    French - France
    "Je m'informe régulièrement sur les évolutions du métier..."

5. Micia93

Micia93 Senior Member

in the center of France
    FRANCE FRENCH
    Je ne sais pas si on peut utiliser "infirmerie" dans ce sens, Guill :(
    peut-être "en matière de soins infirmiers" ?

6. Mick's Wife Senior Member

Perhaps I should write just that - that I regularly read research papers and nursing journals to keep myself up to date and my practice current. "Je lis les revues d'infirmiers et les recherches régulièrement afin rester au courant et la pratique mis à jour".

7. Mick's Wife Senior Member

Thank you so much - I posted my latest paragraph before noticing your very speedy replies.

8. OLN

OLN Senior Member

Alsace, France
    French - France, ♀
    Ou : Je me tiens informée des avancées ou des nouveautés de la profession ou en soins infirmiers.
    L'infirmerie est un lieu. :)