I spent my summer here in Rome. We had our youth summit in Ergife Hotel, we stayed there for 6 days

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by uymhae, Sep 10, 2013.

1. uymhae New Member

English
    Can you please translate this sentences in italian, urgent! :( "I spent my summer here in Rome. We had our youth summit in Ergife Hotel, we stayed there for 6 days. I met some friends who's from London, Paris, Canada. We go to the beach."

2. squigot New Member

Italian
    I spent my summer here in Rome. We had our youth summit in Ergife Hotel, we stayed there for 6 days. I met some friends who's from London, Paris, Canada. We go to the beach."

Ho passato l'estate qui a Roma. Abbiamo fatto il raduno giovanile all'hotel Ergife, ci siamo stati per sei giorni. Ho incontrato alcuni amici di Londra, Parigi e del Canada. Andiamo al mare.

3. Paulfromitaly

Paulfromitaly MODerator

Brescia (Italy)
    Italian
    WR is NOT a free translation service.
    Please give it a try and choose meaningful titles, thanks.

4. uymhae New Member

English
    "Ho trascorso la mia estate qui a Roma. Abbiamo avuto il nostro International Youth Summit, che ha tenuto in Ergife Hotel, ci siamo stati per 6 giorni. Ho incontrato nuovi amici Chi è da Londra, Parigi, Canada. E poi, siamo andati al mare, abbiamo siamo stati per due notti."

5. joanvillafane Senior Member

U.S., New Jersey
    U.S. English
    Hi uymhae - excuse me, your profile says your native language is English, but there are at least two errors in your original sentence. For the sake of Italian speakers I thought I should make that clear:
    I met some friends who's from London :cross:
    I met some friends who are from......
    We go to the beach - do you mean you go to the beach often/frequently/ every day? if not, this should probably be in the past tense since you are writing about the summer in the past tense (as you indicated in your attempted translation in post #4 -siamo andati)

6. london calling Senior Member

SALERNO, ITALY
    UK ENGLISH
    I agree totally, Jo.;)

Anyway, if we assume that We go to the beach is to be left in the present tense, I think squigot's suggestion in his/her post 2 is the best .;)

7. WordsWordWords Senior Member

Piemonte, Italy
    Am English
    We go to the beach. :cross:
    Hi,

I disagree that this could be correct in the original sequence (native or not native English speaker) because it is at odds with the previous three sentences, making it sound out of place. Also, it doesn't clearly convey a habitual action as it is missing the frequency marker: every day, in June, usually, -- some adverbial addition is necessary, in my opinion. If it is intended to be the final sentence describing the activities of the summer then (as Joan indicated in post #5) it expresses a concluded action and should be "We went to the beach", also to reflfect what is expressed by uymhae in his/her rendition in Italian...

uymhae, can you tell us what you mean to express? :confused:;)