I wish to thank you for all the sacrifices you have made

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by DivineIntervention, Aug 28, 2010.

1. DivineIntervention Junior Member

Sydney, Australia
    English- Australian
    Hello.

I wish to write a very appreciative thank you note to an Italian teacher who had willingly helped me in preparing for my French speaking exam even though she did not have to. However, there is a problem with this since I have absolutely zero knowledge of the Italian language. I want to say in my note-

'Miss (surname), I wish to thank you very much for all the sacrifices that you have made in order to help me prepare for my French speaking examination even though you did not have to and have not spoken the French language with another person for around twenty five years. You are a great person and I wish all the best for you in life.

Yours sincerely and gratefully,

(me).'

Thank you.

2. Blackman

Blackman Senior Member

Island of Sardinia, Italy
    Italiano/Sardo
    Post your attempt and we'll give you a hand.:)

3. Andrea D Junior Member

Auckland
    Italian
    Hi, here's a pretty good note, not exactly translated but the meaning is perfectly the same. You may wait for someone else to cheack it.

'Signora (surname), la vorrei ringraziare di cuore per tutti i sacrifici che ha voluto fare per aiutarmi a preparare il mio esame di francese nonostante non lo abbia parlato per circa venticinque anni.
    Lei è una persona magnifica e voglio augurarle tutto il meglio nella sua vita.

Con gratitudine e sincerità, sua
    (me).'

andrea

4. piume Senior Member

Berlin
    Italian
    I like andrea's translation

5. DivineIntervention Junior Member

Sydney, Australia
    English- Australian
    Thanks for the reply but the problem, Blackman, is that I have zero knowledge of the Italian language since I am studying French at the present moment.:)

Thanks for the translation andrea. I will use it unless if somebody else recommends something better.

Sorry for not having a go to translate this at first. I know that this goes against the rules but I have no where else to go to. Please don't delete this thread because of this.

Cheers.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  6. Blackman

Blackman Senior Member

Island of Sardinia, Italy
    Italiano/Sardo
    I didn't mean to be rude, of course. But it's one of the basic forum's rules, since this is not a free translation site.