I would like to inform you about

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by furie, Sep 8, 2005.

1. furie Senior Member

Brussels
    Spain, Spanish
    "I would like to inform you about the final workshop".

Hi guys,

I think this phrase is correct but I always think it sound horrible. Its part of an email and its the reason why I send it.

Could you tell me if there's any other way, nicer, to express the same.

Thanks all

furie

2. aab Senior Member

Buenos Aires
    Argentina - Español
    I think that this sentence is correct even if it sounds horrible!
    Bye.

3. Mei

Mei Senior Member

Where streets have no name...
    Catalonia Catalan & Spanish
    Hola,

Yo creo que es correcto, pero espera a ver más opiniones. ¿Cuál es la frase en castellano?

Mei

4. furie Senior Member

Brussels
    Spain, Spanish
    Hola Mei,

Es algo así como.
    "Me gustaría informarle sobre él último workshop que tendrá lugare el próximo 4 de octubre"

5. Masood Senior Member

Leicester, England
    British English
    As you said, your sentence is correct.
    You could also say:
    I'd like to tell you about the final workshop".
    I'd like to inform you about the final workshop". ('I'd' is more informal than 'I would')

6. Mei

Mei Senior Member

Hola,

Pues la veo correcta, que quieres que te diga... eres un crack! ;)

Mei

7. Alyona Junior Member

Russia - Russian (foreign - English, Spanish)
    Hello, furie! =)
    I think your phrase is ok. But of course there are other ways to say the same, for example: "I am glad to inform you about...", "I am looking forward to meeting you at the final workshop that is going to take place... (when&where)"
    You can also use "to advise smb of smth", but it's more official, and "to notify sb of sth" or "notify sth to sb" (e.g. "to notify a crime to the police", or "Has he been notified of the event?"), although "notify" also sounds official to me.
    I'd like to correct a few misprints in your post, if you don't mind =): "it sounds", "it's part.... and it's the reason.."
    I haven't quite got what you mean by "it's the reason why I send it".

Saludos =)
    Alyona

8. furie Senior Member

Brussels
    Spain, Spanish
    Alyona,

thanks for correcting my text, I write too fast and I didn't check what was not important for me.
    About the reason, I just mean that the objective of the whole e-mail is to tell this guy that the workshop is going to take place and that I want him to come.

I do need something quite official and "to inform" is quite boring if you keep on using it always.

Thanks,

9. Mei

Mei Senior Member

Entonces puedes poner las que Alyona te dice:

"I am glad to inform you about..."
    "I am looking forward to "

Saludos

Mei

10. thegreen Junior Member

Canada spanish
    Hola chicos, tengo un aconfusion con WOULD Y SHOULD los dos son condicionales pero no se en que caso usarlos, agradeceria me dieran unos ejemplos con cada uno.
    Thanks.Gracias Merci.

11. el bajavoz Senior Member

English - Southern U.S.
    Sorry this may not help you now, furie, but for future reference I think the desired idea is "I want to let you know about..." It is less formal but widely accepted in formal contexts.