Identify this script

Discussion in 'Other Languages' started by sofeshue, Oct 31, 2012.

1. sofeshue New Member

The following is a screenshot of a song lyrics written by the Czech metal band Panychida. Could anybody tell me which language or script it is? Many thanks.
  2. kirahvi Senior Member

It's Glagolitic script.
  3. sofeshue New Member

Thanks kirahvi, but I have one more problem. I already installed a font supporting this script, and I want to transcribe the lyrics from the pdf. But when I copied the text from the pdf pasted it into word, I get nothing. It's not the problem of the font: I can copy the letters from wikipedia and paste it into word. Well, if necessary, I can even transcribe it copying letter by letter. But look at the following excerpt: some letters are blocked by the initial letter! Is there any other way to extract the text from the pdf file?
  4. Maroseika Moderator

5. sofeshue New Member

To Maroseika, please read my post carefully. The problem is that some letters are blocked by the big initial letter and I have no idea what they should be (refer to my image in the previous post). But the information should be encoded in the pdf file, so I want to know how to extract this information.
  6. usenofo New Member

I love songs but I am not sure about that.
  7. Rick2012

Rick2012 Member

Português - Brasil
    Try to use Google Docs. It converts PDF to DOC, and protects the informations, allowing to see hidden letters. But, if your document is a image, so only professional translator can do something for you.
  8. Tchesko

Tchesko Senior Member

Paris 12