1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

If found, please return to...

Discussion in 'Polski (Polish)' started by kevindosi, Aug 27, 2013.

1. kevindosi Junior Member

English
    I have a travel journal, and I want to write on it: "If found, please contact/return to..."
    Any help would be appreciated :)

2. Thomas1

Thomas1 Senior Member

polszczyzna warszawska
    Hello,

There's no context, I assume that this information is attached to the thing that's got lost otherwise the sentence above doesn't make much sense. I guess you're looking for something general. I can offer:
    Uczciwego znalazcę prosi się o kontakt z właścicielem:...
    which translates more or less into:
    The honest finder is asked for contact with the owner:...

Uczciwego znalazcę prosi się o zwrot właścicielowi:...
    The honest finder is aksed for returing to the owner:...

Uczciwego znalazcę prosi się o kontakt z właścicielem: Jan Kowalski, 123 456 789, ul. Marszałkowska 123, Warszawa. [After the colon you can use the name, telephone number, address, etc.]
    The honest finder is asked for contact with the owner: John Smith, 123 456 789, 123 Marszałkowska Street, Warsaw.

3. dreamlike

dreamlike Senior Member

Poland
    Polish
    It makes perfect sense, Thomas, that's customarily what you write on your belonging in case it gets lost.
    'Uczciwego znalazcę' sounds a bit over the top in the case of a lost travel journal, so I'd suggest 'W razie znalezienia proszę o kontakt z [iinsert your name, adress, phone number and whatnot]'.

4. Thomas1

Thomas1 Senior Member

polszczyzna warszawska
    Apologies, Kevin, and thank you DL.
    For some bizzare reason I thought the message read: I have a travel journal, and I want to write in it... :eek:

5. Ania R. Senior Member

Poznań, Poland
    Polish (Poland)
    I'm not sure you still need the info, but the most common expression I've seen in this context is simply "Znalazca proszony (jest) o zwrot/kontakt:" and then you put the information. That's obviously more or less what others have suggested, but this is the wording I have seen most often.