Il lavoro in team è il fondamento di quest'agenzia

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by hotaria1, Dec 8, 2012.

1. hotaria1 Senior Member

Italian
    Hi again!
    With reference to the communication agency's profile I am working on here I come with another sentence I am not satisfied with.
    "Il lavoro in team è il fondamento di quest'agenzia, che parte dalle pubbliche relazioni e dall'ufficio stampa moda, per arrivare allo studio del mercato di riferimento, toccando con mano anche la realtà commerciale, che oggi è la chiave fondamentale per il successo di un brand".
    Here is what I have come up with:
    "The company foundation is the teamwork which startwith/starting with public relation and fashion press to get to reference market studies bearing in mind the/with an eye to the importance of the commercial aspect which is nowadays the fundamental key to the success of a brand/for a successful brand.

or
    "Teamwork is the keyword of the company. It starts from....
    Any feedbacks is highly appreciated!!!
    hotaria1

2. Lorena1970

Lorena1970 Senior Member

Italy, Italiano
    "Teamwork is crucial to this agency/company..."

3. You little ripper! Senior Member

Australia
    Australian English
  4. hotaria1 Senior Member

Italian
    Thank you You little ripper and Lorena1970.
    Are you ok with the rest of the sentence?
    hotaria1

5. elfa

elfa Senior Member

Bath, England
    English
    Ciao hotaria,

il problema è separare "teamwork" da quello di cui si occupa l'agenzia, perchè immagino che sia questo che vuoi descrivere nella clausola seguente. Ecco due possibilità:

Teamwork is crucial to this agency/company, whose area of activity includes public relations, [dealing with] the fashion press and [carrying out] reference market studies. We also place importance on the commercial aspect, a key facet to the success of a/any brand.

Teamwork is the keyword of the company, which provides public relations, deals with the fashion press and carries out reference market studies. We also place importance on the commercial aspect, a key facet to the success of any brand.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  6. hotaria1 Senior Member

Italian
    Ciao elfa!!!
    and thank you for both your suggestions which work perfectly to me!!!
    I wish I could be as you as you are guys!! You always provide me with excellent interpretattions!!!!
    Best!
    hotaria1

7. Holymaloney

Holymaloney Senior Member

Italy
    English (UK) / Italian - bilingual
    ;)

8. hotaria1 Senior Member

Italian
    ops...
    thanks for correcting me holymaloney...
    I didn't know you needed for after work...
    For the final sentence I wanted to write "I wish I could be as good as you guys" but I forgot "good" ... would it be correct this way too?
    I am sure we will meet again during the day! I am working on a new text!
    :D ops...
    see you later!
    hotaria1

9. Holymaloney

Holymaloney Senior Member

Italy
    English (UK) / Italian - bilingual
    You're welcome hotaria ;) and yes, your sentence would have been correct.