I'll murdalize him

Discussion in 'English Only' started by arueng, Jun 18, 2011.

1. arueng Senior Member

CHINESE
    I'll get him, Babbit. Gangway! I'll murdalize him. Let me at him!

Hi.
    The above appears in the cartoon movie, A Tale of Two Kitties. Is "murdalize" a corruption of "murder?" Thanks.

2. halfthaihalfbrit New Member

English, Thai, French
    There is no such word as 'murdalize.' I suppose it is a corruption of murder- writers of cartoon just playing around with language I suppose to appeal to younger audience.

3. Copyright

Copyright Senior Member

Penang
    American English
    It's not a corruption so much as a purposeful creation designed to amuse young cartoon-watchers, as HTHB says. :)

4. halfthaihalfbrit New Member

English, Thai, French
    Another example would be to say, ' I will pulperize him.' Gramatically it makes no sense but it is dumbing down, 'I will beat him to a pulp.'

5. arueng Senior Member

CHINESE
    Thanks, HTHB and Copyright.

Got it!

6. walshesco

walshesco Junior Member

Manchester UK
    English
    It sounds like a cross between "murder" and "marmalize". Anyhow, it is an invented word, as is "marmalize" meaning to render to marmalade/beat to a pulp

7. arueng Senior Member

CHINESE
    Thanks, Walshesco, for your wonderful info!

8. Hermione Golightly Senior Member

SW London
    British English
    I like these made-up, mixed -up words.
    Hermione

9. sdgraham

sdgraham Senior Member

Oregon, USA
    USA English
    A slight variation, i.e. "murderize," was somewhat common as an intentional, humorous corruption of the noun into a verb in those days of yore when I was a youngster.

I can only theorize that "murdalize" is similar.

10. pops91710

pops91710 Senior Member

It sounds like something Leo Gorcey et al would have said in the East Side Kids, Dead End Kids, & Bowery Boys movie series. Come to think of it, it sounds "Thee Stooges" to me, also. At any rate it is a commonly use expression for comedy sake http://bronxbanter.baseballtoaster.com/archives/379720.html