imperativo categórico

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by alexander043, Nov 6, 2007.

1. alexander043 New Member

English USA
    Por favor, puede ayudarme a traducir el imperativo categórico a espanol. En ingles se dice:

Act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law.

Trato de traducirlo:

Se comporte solamente según esta máxima a través del cual se puede al mismo tiempo desear fervientemente que debiera hacerse una ley universal.

Please correct my effort. Thanks.

2. sandzilg Senior Member

New York
    Spanish
    No sé qué quiere decir en inglés. ¿Puedes dar el contexto o la fuente de información o algo más?

3. alexander043 New Member

English USA
    In philosophy there is an idea about morality which is called the categorical imperative in English. It was first stated by Kant in German. The English translation is Act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law.

The idea is that when you act you should only do so in such a way that it would be OK with you if everybody else acted in the same way. It amounts to a definition of a moral action. I got the translation from the German from Wikipedia.

4. sandzilg Senior Member

New York
    Spanish
  5. Zelus et Radix

Zelus et Radix Senior Member

Colombia
    Spanish
    Well, I don't get the English line.
    I think what you tried to say was:
    Comportese solamente segun esa maxima la cual usted pueda al mismo tiempo desear que se haga una ley universal?