in a constant state of anticipation

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by Login, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Login

Login Senior Member

Belgium
    Belgium - French
    You may find yourself in a constant state of anticipation today, dear Taurus. Things are in line, you have done the groundwork, and now you are just waiting for the spark to ignite the fire. Don't jump the gun. Things will happen when they are ready to happen. There is an excitement to this day that you cannot and should not ignore. Your sixth sense isn't leading you astray when it is warning you of major events on the horizon.

Hello dear :)
    I can't find the right translation for that part of the above text... I understand every word but they don't really make sense to me. :confused:

"Il se peut que vous vous trouviez dans un état constant d'anticipation aujourd'hui..." Qu'est ce que ca veut dire ?

@Egueule
    Did you notice something unusual today that might give me a clue? ;)

2. Benjy

Benjy Senior Member

Milton Keynes, UK
    English - English
    state of anticipation == the state of someone who is anticipating something.. it means you're constantly excited/anticipating something. i can't really think of a good way of explaining it :/

3. Jabote Senior Member

Mirabel, Quebec, Canada
    French from France
    Un état d'anticipation permanente... sur des charbons ardents...

4. Login

Login Senior Member

Belgium
    Belgium - French
    De l'impatience, peut être ?

Hmm Pour peu ca ficherait la trouille leur truc... C'est vrai que j'attends quelque chose avec impatience aujourd'hui ..................... 18:00!!! Arff :)

5. Jabote Senior Member

Mirabel, Quebec, Canada
    French from France
    Dans un état d'expectative permanente

6. zinc Senior Member

Marseille
    England/ English
    An idiomatic equivalent is "on tenterhooks".

7. Gil Senior Member

Français, Canada
    "Il se peut que vous ne puissiez vous empêcher de ronger votre frein aujourd'hui."
    La constance n'est pas là. Est-elle bien utile?

8. Login

Login Senior Member

Belgium
    Belgium - French
    Thanks to everybody!
    I'm looking forward to see today's prediction.
    I'm in a very bad mood :D