Incapacidad relativa de ejercicio

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by NuwaChimuchiq, Mar 1, 2013.

1. NuwaChimuchiq Junior Member

spanish
    Hello
    I am looking for the translation of "incapacidad relativa de ejercicio", it's related to the capacity of the persons for signing documents or doing legal issues. If you are not 18 Years old or more you can not exercise all your rights , you have "incapacidad relativa de ejercicio" because you don't have the required age for it.

thank you!

2. NuwaChimuchiq Junior Member

spanish
    It could be "partial legal incapacity"?

Thank you for your comments!

3. litiga8or

litiga8or Senior Member

Oregon, USA
    Rainy Oregon! USA

Lack of capacity to contract

4. NuwaChimuchiq Junior Member

spanish
    Thank you Liti. I found in the kaplan dictionary "partial disability", I think it can be "partial legal disability" the translation that I am searching?

Regards

5. litiga8or

litiga8or Senior Member

Oregon, USA
    Rainy Oregon! USA

I don't know. I wouldn't use it. It probably depends on which English-speaking country you are translating it for. Where I am, here in the United States, in the state of Oregon, we would use "capacity." I don't know what they mean by "partial" -- a person either has legal capacity to do a certain act, or they don't.

6. littledogboy

littledogboy Senior Member

7. Tochka Senior Member

Agreed. The terms "capacity" and "lack of capacity" are used throughout the United States, and it would seem, according to littledogboy, the UK as well.

8. NuwaChimuchiq Junior Member

spanish
    Thank you Liti. As "partial legal incapacity" the brazilian law means when the legal incapacity is limited to a period of time. For instance, in the case of children that can not sign contracts until they are 18 years old, childrens are considered to be partial legal incapacitated.
    Regards

9. NuwaChimuchiq Junior Member

spanish
    Thank you littledogboy and Tochka, I will use "legal capacity".

Regards,