"Intent to bid" or "Intention to bid"?

Discussion in 'English Only' started by woodheart, Oct 16, 2007.

1. woodheart Member

Hello everyone,

Do we say "intent to bid" or "intention to bid"? It is used in a RFP (Request for Proposal) process.
  2. Matching Mole

Matching Mole Senior Member

England, English
    I have no idea what a Request for Proposal is, but as this appears to legal or quasi-legal, I would expect there is an established term in English that is used in the field. I think you would be best advised to find this out from model agreements. Failing this, as far as I can see "Intention to Bid" seems to be the correct term.
  3. bibliolept

bibliolept Senior Member

Northern California
    AE, Español
    Can you at least provide a sentence, or is this some heading or title? In the latter case, Mole is right and you should consult a sample agreement.
  4. woodheart Member

Well, an RFP process is issued by a company to find the best vendor for a given project. In this process, a document entitled "Intent/Intention to bid" is used by a bidder to declare his intent/intention to/not to bid for the RFP.
  5. Joobs Banned

In a house
    Glasgow, Scotland - English
    Yes it is legal, it is known as an LOI (letter of intent (to bid)). The potential bidder is thereby making his "intent" and interest known. Google it and you should find some examples.
  6. woodheart Member

Thank you all for the answers (or replies? lol)!