Irish: website for pronunciation

Discussion in 'Other Languages' started by Jocaste, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Jocaste

Jocaste Senior Member

Français
    Hi you all,

I seek oral help on the pronunciation of Irish and am looking for a website similar to the Acapela Text to Speech Demo one but for the Irish language.

Thanks to anyone who will contribute :)

2. L'irlandais

L'irlandais Senior Member

Dreyeckland/Alsace region
    Ireland: English-speaking ♂
    BBC Northern Ireland has good Irish language learning resources. I'm not at all familiar with Acapela, but if you google something like : Gaelic "Text to Speech" you may find an equivelent.

3. Tegs

Tegs Mód ar líne

Wales
    English (Ireland), Welsh, Irish
  4. Jocaste

Jocaste Senior Member

Français
    Go raibh maith agaibh. :)

5. Tegs

Tegs Mód ar líne

Wales
    English (Ireland), Welsh, Irish
    Níl a bhuíochas ort ;)

6. TobyAshworth Junior Member

England
    British English
    You could try forvo.com, where over 5,000 Irish words have been pronounced. You can also see where the speaker is from.

It's a fantastic resource, with many words in many languages (bizarrely though, there are more words pronounced in Tatar than in Spanish...)
    :)

7. Roel~ Junior Member

Nederlands - Nederland
    It's just an idea but this could be because 1. There is an individual who is nationalistic and added a lot of Tatar vocabulary to make his country and language more known and learned. 2. The Tatar gouvernment supports using Tatar more and asked people to add Tatar prononcation to Forvo.com.

There could be other reasons too though but I think that the first one might be most likely.

Here is a link to the Forvo page to learn pronouncing Irish, have fun:

http://www.forvo.com/languages/ga/