Israeli Rifle Pistol Grip Sticker

Discussion in 'עברית (Hebrew)' started by Mr. Scratch, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Mr. Scratch

Mr. Scratch New Member

Can someone help translate the sticker on this rifle grip for me? It was an Israeli-captured gun I'm trying to learn the history of it. Thanks in advance!

plo10.jpg plo9.jpg
  2. origumi Senior Member

Forensic department - exhibits office.
  3. Egmont Senior Member

Massachusetts, U.S.
    English - U.S.
    The second line looks like an item identification code.

The third line is a name, Bernard Shechter. Nothing to say what his connection to the weapon is or was.
  4. origumi Senior Member

Hmm... there was no legible second line in the photo I answered about... maybe it has evolved.

In the current photo there's "kalashnikov ..." on top, then "weapons lab - forensic department", then line 2 & 3 as Egmont wrote, and some codes on the right and bottom.

Bernard Shechter is a forensic department expert who participated in the Rabin murder investigation. Yet the photo in this thread shows an exhibit from year 1994, prior to the murder. Shechter was head of the weapons lab in the forensic department of the Israeli police, rank chief superintendent (סנ"צ).

Refreshing the page again and again, I still see sometimes the other photo. Maybe the thread opener can clarify.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  5. Mr. Scratch

Mr. Scratch New Member

Thank you very much Origami and Egmont - I'm amazed at what you guys have revealed for me. There are two photos of two stickers that are hosted from the site. I tried to repost the pics from my own photo account just to be sure they would get through, but since I'm a new member I can't post links.

The information you guys have given me is extremely interesting and helpful. Indeed, as mentioned Bernard Shechter was the head of the Israeli Police Ballistics Lab; I was also able to find out about him very quickly because of his work on the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin case.

I'm not sure how to proceed from here, but it seems it may be possible to find out exactly what crime/terrorist act this gun was used in (if it was such).

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013