I've got no problem

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Grammar / Gramática Español-Inglés' started by Maicol1953, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Maicol1953 Senior Member

Argentina
    español
    I've got no problem. Es esto correcto?

2. Maicol1953 Senior Member

Argentina
    español
    No sé si se habrá guardado mi Hilo, confirmen mi duda por favor...

3. aldonzalorenzo

aldonzalorenzo Senior Member

Español
    Sí, se lee perfecto. Pienso que tu frase está bien aunque evidentemente hay más modos de decirlo.

4. FromPA

FromPA Senior Member

Philadelphia area
    USA English
    It depends on what you're trying to say. The sentence is grammatically correct; however, without having the context and the Spanish sentence you are trying to translate, it's impossible to know if your English translation is correct.

5. Maicol1953 Senior Member

Argentina
    español
    FromPA, completo sería así... (meeting). How about this Friday at 8:45am? I've got no problem in the morning. En realidad la idea de estas frases era saber si es correcto (I've got (no) (not) problem in the morning.
    Am I right? Gracias siempre.

6. FromPA

FromPA Senior Member

Philadelphia area
    USA English
    Perfect!

7. donbill

donbill Senior Member / Moderator

South Carolina / USA
    English - American
    No estoy completamente de acuerdo con mi compatriota FromPA. "I've got no problem in the morning" está bien, pero en el contexto de una reunión, diría "I've got no problem with meeting in the morning" o "I've go no problem with having the (a) meeting in the morning". Repito que la oración en sí es correcta, pero el contexto me parece incompleto.

8. Maicol1953 Senior Member

Argentina
    español
    Gracias siempre gracias, cómo no aprender con Uds.

9. FromPA

FromPA Senior Member

Philadelphia area
    USA English
    The context was already established. If the questioner didn't feel it necessary to include the context in his question, I don't feel it's necessary (or natural sounding for me) to include the context in the answer. There's nothing wrong with including it; it's just not necessary.

10. Wandering JJ

Wandering JJ Senior Member

England
    British English
    I keep on reading this thread and 'I've got no problem in the morning' sounds strained to me. If I received a short email suggesting an early meeting on Friday, I would probably email back: 'I'm OK for Friday morning (but not available in the afternoon).'

Grammatically it's perfectly good, however.

11. Kevin R

Kevin R Senior Member

Ulverston, Cumbria,UK
    English, UK
    "I've got no problem...." suena un poco - como se diria - mal.

Mejor dice "I have no problem with.." o "I don't have any problem with....."

12. FromPA

FromPA Senior Member

Philadelphia area
    USA English
    It sounds fine over here. And let's keep in mind that this is a casual answer to a casual question.

13. Kevin R

Kevin R Senior Member

Ulverston, Cumbria,UK
    English, UK
    But there was no casual question in the start to the thread, FromPA - just a straightforward statement....

14. FromPA

FromPA Senior Member

Philadelphia area
    USA English
    Check out post #5 where the OP provided the context.
    (meeting). How about this Friday at 8:45am?