1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

I've put some photos on the Internet of my travels

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by sazza, Apr 24, 2006.

1. sazza Junior Member

English, Australia
    Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with this sentence. What I want to say is 'i've put some photos on the internet of my travels- there are not many from when i was in paris but perhaps you will find some of you anyway, and i know how much you all like to see photos of yourselves.' Or something like that more concisely! Thanks very much. This is my attempt:

J’ai mis des photos sur l’internet de mes voyages—il n’ya pas beaucoup de Paris mais peut-être vous trouverez des photos de vous-mêmes et je sais que toute le monde aime bien ça.

2. lamarmotte71 Junior Member

Un Aussie au Québec
    Salut Skippy, le bush kangourou! ;)

It's a good attempt. The trouble you're having is with literal translation of words and actions. To be honest I had some trouble without changing the context completely of your english sentence too. Let me know what you think:

J'ai affiché quelques images de mes voyages (vacances?) sur l'internet. Il n'ya pas trop à Paris mais possiblement vous trouveriez vous-mêmes parmis ces images et je connais bien comment vous aimerez y voir. Particulièrement ceux qui vous comprennent.

3. sazza Junior Member

English, Australia
    Merci bien kangourou du nord!:)
    'Afficher' is definitely better...
    It's not very concise but i always seem to spend longer saying what i want in french! I really appreciate your help--- saying '`a Paris' rather than 'de paris' sounds strange to me, but then i guess if you were saying 'there are not many taken in paris' rather than 'from paris' then that would work. What do you think? I have a lot of probs with de and `a.

4. lamarmotte71 Junior Member

Un Aussie au Québec
    No wucckas. Correct. I'm using "à Paris" to say in/at Paris instead of from because I think it runs better when I say it out loud. example: Les photos gris que j'ai pris à Paris. (oh-la.. ça rhyme!)

5. sazza Junior Member

English, Australia
    Merci, moi aussi j'ai des photos gris et tr`es jolis de paris!:D

6. Gil Senior Member

Français, Canada
    Mon effort:
    J'ai affiché quelques-unes de mes photos de voyage sur Internet. Il n'y en a pas beaucoup de celles que j'ai prises à Parie, mais vous vous reconnaîtrez peut-être sur quelques-unes, et je sais combien vous aimez vous voir en photo.